Monday, July 20, 2009

Meals on Monday (eventually)

I've been pretty lucky in that Lorelai has been a good eater, mostly. Usually. If she's in the mood. I am pretty sure that every parent feels that way at some point. Lately we're in a rotation of plain, white carbs - white pasta, white bread, teddy grahams, cheerios... Not that there's anything really wrong with that. She's a kid, she knows what she likes. I get very excited when she will eat something else!

Last night I put a little dab of ranch dressing on her plate - to go along with the chicken fries and maybe the carrots. Of course, she went right for it and enjoyed smooshing it and playing with it on her hands. I think she might have gotten a taste, but she was more interested in playing with it. I need to keep reminding myself that this is not going to be a neat process until she's much older.

She did eat a baby carrot last night, yay! I had sliced it into thicker than matchstick style carrots, and it took a bit of encouragement from her mom and dad, but she ate the whole thing! We've also been trying Mint Pea Pops - she will eat it with me and seems to like it. They do smell like mint chocolate chip ice cream (though I could totally tell it was cream cheese and peas when I ate it). I don't want to be sneaky about fruits and veggies, but for right now I think it's ok to present them in a different form.

I used the Super Baby Food book when she started on solids and should take another look into it for other ideas. Have you seen this website, Muffin Tin Monday on "Her Cup Overfloweth"? I forget how I originally came across it - but really want to give it a go at some point. I was probably thinking about this when I added the ranch dressing to Lorelai's plate.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment