Thursday, July 23, 2009

Water Toys

We have a very small kiddie pool for Lorelai this year. Small but just right for her - she likes to stand in it and splash a bit (although yesterday she lay down on her belly and stuck her feet out behind her and moved her arms as if she were swimming - all on her own! Of course I didn't have the camera for that.).

We don't have many water toys - some odds and ends I have around the house. Yesterday after a trip to the dollar store I made Water Sponge Toys from Makes & Takes - easiest craft ever! I think it took longer to cut apart the sponges than anything else. I had two packages of 4 sponges in each package and made 4 toys - I had one sponge left over because I was so excited about this craft that I completely over looked that there was one left! 30 - 45 seconds tops! These would be great in the bathtub and for even littler kids - they are so easy to grab and squish, and they float!

Sponge Toys
Sponge Toys
Sponge Toys
Sponge Toys

No comments:

Post a Comment